Natural and Effective home remedies for dry itchy scalp
Natural remedies are the best one to use when condition isn’t too severe. Natural treatments make sure that dry itchy scalp condition is taken well care. These treatments are to be done by both men and women. Here are some home remedies which can help you to get rid of itching and dryness of your scalp.
- Hot oil treatment
Hot oil treatment works lots of wonders for your hair. Hot oil treatment helps to strengthen roots which nourishes scalp and hair. This is also an effective remedy in treating dry itchy scalp. You must need about 2 to 3 types of oils such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil or even castor oil.
- Warm it up a bit in a microwave.
- Use this oil concoction to massage up the scalp
- Gently pat the scalp to increase up its absorption of oils.
- Rinse away after 3 to 4 hours overnight is the best way.
- Apple cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is the best know one to destroy fungus and virus. This maintains scalp’s PH balance too, therefore using Apple cider vinegar clears dandruff and dryness associated with dry itchy scalp.
- Take a cup of ACV and combine that with 2 cups of water.
- Apply it on hair after shampoo.
- Keep it for 5 minutes and then rinse off with plain water.
- Yoghurt for dry itchy scalp
Yoghurt is one of the best nourisher. It hydrates and provides adequate moisture to dry scalp and clears out dandruff. Once dryness and dandruff gone, Itching will completely vanish away.
Take some yogurt and apply directly on scalp and hair roots. This also curbs infection. Yoghurt is one of the easiest treatment and remedy for dandruff.
- Olive oil and honey
Olive oil and honey mixed together to make perfect combination to combat dry itchy scalp. Olive oil and honey both moisturizes scalp. Honey retains the moisture and olive oil reduces dryness.
- Combine Olive and honey in equal quantity.
- Apply it on scalp
- Massage well.
- Leave for an hour
- Rinse well with plain water.
- Aloe vera
Itching is directly related to dry scalp then what else can it need than something to nourish and hydrate the scalp. I am telling about none other than aloe Vera gel. This hydrates, soothes and moisturizes the dry itchy scalp. This also heals as there are some minor boils or rashes because of constant itching.
- Take fresh aloe Vera gel.
- Apply them on the scalp and roots.
- Leave it for 1 hour and rinse it off with plain water.
Lemon is one of the great remedy for dry itchy scalp. Lemon juice clears away dandruff hence make changes of itching to be low.
- Take some lemon juice and apply on the scalp
- Massage gently
- Rinse the hair after an hour
- Almond oil
Almond oil is with loads of nutrients and beneficial fatty acids which will nourish the dry scalp. When the dryness is tackled well itching is no more. You can now apply almond oil at night and then rinse the hair next morning. Just use pure almond oil which is recommended in this case. Almond oil has loads of skin care benefits.
- Avocado oil
Avocado oil has resemblance with sebum or oils that our skin produces, on molecular level. Therefore, Avocado oil plays a main role when comes to treat dry itchy scalp.
Apply Avocado oil at least twice a week and notice the results into your dry itchy scalp.
- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is said to be anti fungal and antibacterial in nature and has common cause of itchy scalp is dandruff which is main fungal infection. Tea tree oil must be beneficial.
You can add some tea tree oil into water and apply it on the scalp keep it for some time and then wash it off.
- Hydrating fruit mask
Fruit packs are not just limited to enhance up the skin’s glow but can be efficient in treating dry itchy scalp. There is a quick recipe on hydrating fruit mask for dry scalp. You must need avocadoes, papaya and some lime juice.
- Mash the fruits and combine the lime juice into them.
- Apply fruit hair mask on scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Wash it away with plain water.
Some Do’s and Don’ts when you have Dry Itchy Scalp:
- Use a shampoo that is hydrating and not drying
- Avoid using alcohol products
- Minimize use of hair dryers.
- Drink lot of water
- Eat protein rich and balanced diet
- Do not share the hair brushes with anyone
- Check for lice and get rid of them